- Szczerba BM, Kaplonek P, Wolska N, Podsiadlowska A, Rybakowska PD, Dey P, Rasmussen A, Grundahl K, Hefner KS, Stone DU, Young S, Lewis DM, Radfar L, Scofield RH, Sivils KL, Bagavant H, Deshmukh US. Interaction between innate immunity and Ro52-induced antibody causes Sjogren’s syndrome-like disorder in mice. Ann Rheum Dis 2015.
- Nackiewicz D, Dey P, Szczerba B, Mohammad S, Kaplan JL, McNamara CA, Deshmukh US, Bagavant H. Inhibitor of Differentiation 3, a Transcription Factor, Regulates Hyperlipidemia-Associated Kidney Disease. Nephron Exp Nephrol 126:141-147, 2014.
- Szymula A, Rosenthal J, Szczerba BM, Bagavant H, Fu SM, Deshmukh US. T cell epitope mimicry between Sjögren’s syndrome antigen A (SSA)/Ro60 and oral, gut, skin and vaginal bacteria. Clin Immunol, 152:1-9, 2014.
- Bagavant H, Nandula SR, Kaplonek P, Rybakowska PD, Deshmukh US. Alum, an aluminum-based adjuvant, induces Sjogren’s syndrome-like disorder in mice. Clin Exp Rheumatol 32:251-255, 2014
- Deshmukh US, Bagavant H. When killers become helpers. Sci Transl Med 5: 195fs129, 2013.
- Szczerba BM, Rybakowska PD, Dey P, Payerhin KM, Peck AB, Bagavant H, Deshmukh US. Type I interferon receptor deficiency prevents murine Sjogren’s syndrome. J Dent Res 92: 444-449, 2013.
- Nandula SR, Dey P, Corbin KL, Nunemaker CS, Bagavant H, Deshmukh US. Salivary gland hypofunction induced by activation of innate immunity is dependent on type I interferon signaling. J Oral Pathol Med 42: 66-72, 2013.
- Scindia YM, Deshmukh US, Bagavant H. Mesangial pathology in glomerular disease: targets for therapeutic intervention. Adv Drug Deliv Rev 62: 1337-1343, 2010.
- Nandula SR, Scindia YM, Dey P, Bagavant H, Deshmukh US. Activation of innate immunity accelerates sialoadenitis in a mouse model for Sjogren’s syndrome-like disease. Oral Dis 17: 801-807, 2011.
- Deshmukh US, Sim DL, Dai C, Kannapell CJ, Gaskin F, Rajagopalan G, David CS, Fu SM. HLA-DR3 restricted T cell epitope mimicry in induction of autoimmune response to lupus-associated antigen SmD. J Autoimmun 37: 254-262, 2011.